Spartanburg Harley-Davidson®, Spartanburg, South Carolina became a franchised dealership in 1965. Its founders, Kenneth and Helen Coleman, had been motorcycle enthusiasts for eighteen years. Kenneth purchased his first motorcycle in 1947, a slightly used '47 model knucklehead.
For a year prior to becoming a franchised dealer they had repaired, purchased, and sold used motorcycles and parts, operating in the basement of a grocery store, where Kenneth worked as a butcher; selling a different type of HOG.
In 1968, the business moved upstairs to the ground floor level. Shortly thereafter, their son, Randal, began helping out. He soon became the chief mechanic, which was his primary position until Kenneth had to retire in 1996 due to illness. Kenneth passed away the following year.
Randal is now VP and general manager, working with his mother to keep the family tradition alive. His wife, Goldie, is also very much a part of the day to day operations of the business and has been working full time since 1997.
On Dec. 3, 2004 the doors were opened for business at our new location on Sha Lane off of Hwy 221 in Spartanburg.
Spartanburg Harley-Davidson® is conveniently located near the areas of Gaffney, Shelby, Forest City, Boiling Springs, Green, Taylor, Union and Rock Hill.